Church of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness

AU_HareKrishna_1537.jpg

The Hare Krishna Centre is part of this year's Doors Open Toronto. This temple occupies the site of the former Presbyterian Church of the Covenant built in 1899. The white Kingston limestone exterior of the building stands out as a significant landmark on Avenue Road. The building was gutted by fire in 1944 but was subsequently restored. The Hare Krishna Centre took over the site in 1975 and has been operating as a temple ever since.

AU_HareKrishna__1545.jpg

f11 project

Toronto, Canada